Thursday, September 08, 2005

my thighs hurt....


i went to the gym today - it's funny b/c i have not been in a LONG time. i thought the comforts of a self-run business would give me the flexibility to go more often but i actually go less now than i used to due to the demands on my time. but i felt the NEED to go - exercise can be a drug - i get a bit down if i don't run every other day. it is that adrenaline rush that stays with you.

i went today to de-stress and read some totally mindless shoppping magazine (who would have thought a magazine with just PRODUCTS in there could be so INTERESTING?) so i ran, biked , lifted weights and did some squats....

ah. squats. if you haven't done these (and i am not talking about the ones on a machine - go to the bar and the stand one) - then you need to AT LEAST try it out once. you will either be one of those people that revel in the pain in the butt/thighs/walking or you will curse the pain and never go back. so i just did a couple of sets at 45 lbs, 55lbs and 65 lbs. not bad for not doing them for a while but i am one of those who think about always doing more than i used to do - at one point a couple of years ago, i could do squats with my own body weight - 135lbs. those days along with good knees LOL are LONG GONE.

but i will still keep at it. it is good for the soul and heart.

3 Comments:

At 9/08/2005 07:56:00 PM, Blogger Jessica S. said...

Love that LO!! Glad you got to go to the gym!! Little muscle woman!

 
At 9/09/2005 06:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE that layout, Caroline!! I need to do one again about my running - it has been awhile.

Nice work on going to the gym. We joined the Y and I am determined to get my behind in there at least 3 times a month once the weather cools off a bit. I want to try spin class at least twice a week .... I may be crazy!

 
At 9/09/2005 12:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, good for you! I SHOULD go to the gym but honestly, I really don't like it! I'd rather be outside!!!!
Love that layout! Very cool photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home