Wednesday, September 07, 2005

accentuate the positive


... i haven't posted any since my last sad post b/c i needed a couple of days to reflect on things and get my head back in gear. i am back to speak of more positive things...

speaking of positive things, melissa (http://www.melissadiekema.typepad.com/) tagged me the other day and i am to list 5 random things about me so here goes!

1. i have hands that are as large as (or bigger than) a lot of guys hands - lengthwise. my DH jokes that if my fingers were chubbier i would have man hands like that seinfeld episode! i have compared my hand size to guys who are over 6' tall and my hands are as big as many of theirs.
2. i don't watch scary movies. i don't like to be scared like that. it is funny b/c there isn't a lot in real life i am afraid of and even when ppl come up to me and scare me, i usually don't flintch but even at a hint of a scary movie, i have my eyes closed through the entire thing.
3. i was captain of the debate team in high school (or the forensics team). i wasn't great at debate but i did end up kicking butt and placing in the state for extemporaneous (sp?) speaking on domestic (or was it foreign) policy - that is NERD SPEAK for you pick 3 topics out of a hat related to current issues, you choose 1 of the topics and have 30 minutes to write a 5-7 minute speech to give before a judge with 1 notecard of notes (and magazines like time to quote from) and you do that 4x in a saturday in competitions.
4. i am originally from queens, NY (but all of the moving about cancelled my accent).
5. i like to sleep with one leg hanging out of the blankets/sheets. i call it my leg temperature regulator. if i am too hot, then both legs come out. if i am cold, then the leg goes back under the comforter!

with this, i will tag heather b (http://princessdallas.typepad.com/).

4 Comments:

At 9/07/2005 01:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you did this, Caroline! I have been waiting and waiting... :) Love your list - would have paid money to hear you debate - and QUEENS?????

 
At 9/07/2005 09:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you updated your blog again! I love your sushi album so much!!! I'm not a scary movie watcher either!

 
At 9/08/2005 07:58:00 PM, Blogger Jessica S. said...

Great list!!! I have big hands too!!! Love the sushi album too!!

 
At 9/09/2005 12:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! I recognize this from Scraptivity! I didn't know you were TXRunner - I just clicked the link from melissa's blog! So cool - small world!

Mary M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home