Monday, August 29, 2005

being sexy...

i participated this week in a dare/challenge on "what is sexy?" on one of the boards this week. this was not an easy LO for me as i have always been very self-conscious of my physical attributes. oh, maybe it was the time someone in HS called me "ugly" or a close relative told me that "i would never be as pretty as someone who was white b/c i would always be plain" (side note, why does all of the bad stuff seem to stick to you longer than the good stuff).

even now, i don't smile in lots of pictures b/c i don't like the way the camera captures my smile or i have my fake smile (but i do real smiles more than i used to).

so i was stumped when i first saw this dare. i have come a long way but how do i convey that sexy is more about attitude and strength than a physical fleeting beauty? i thought back to this picture of my surf lesson in hawaii from last year. i felt so strong that day (those surf boards are HEAVY). i was so happy and i think it reflects in all of the pictures from that day. i felt sexy even.

so i decided to list all the words that together equal sexy. i mean who doesn't love a nerdy, daredevil, lover, athletic artist?

2 Comments:

At 8/29/2005 10:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your take on the dare. I can't think of anything about myself that is sexy - you did a great job on yours.... and by the way, you have an AWESOME smile... the real one.... :)

 
At 8/30/2005 01:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a great page! love the photo (and the fact that you actually DID that!!!). well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home