Wednesday, August 24, 2005

insane in the membrane...


Well, i have been toying with the idea of riding this bike ride called "Hotter 'N Hell"{http://www.hh100.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1} - it is a century ride (100 miles) here near Dallas but i was going to do the mini ride of 50 miles except:

1. I haven't sat on my bike in about a year.
2. I haven't trained.
3. It is going to be over 100F.

But I still think I might do it if I can convince my DH to leave the house at 4 am to do the drive up there. It's only 50 miles (listen to me as i try to convince myself that 50 miles isn't that much).

I can still remember my first 150 mile bike ride from 7 years ago. In fact, I still have scars to remind me! During day 2 of the ride at mile freakin' 148, I was so tired, I flipped my bike handle and hence flipped my bike on myself. I knocked myself on the concrete with my helmet on though. I had a 6" bruise on my thigh and a nasty road rash on my arm. Oh yeah, did I fail to also mention I went blind for about 5 mins (that was scary - the whole world was white and i was blind but luckily 5 mins later my sight came back). My bike also wouldn't shift anymore but I refused to get a ride to the end. By golly if I had made it 148 miles, even if my bike had to ride me, I was going with it to the END!

I really should scrap those pictures - just need to go find them!

3 Comments:

At 8/24/2005 06:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to send that link to my dh... it's a bit for for him to actually make it up there for the ride but he'll still think it would be cool. He's an avid rider.

The "150 mile" bike ride? Are you talking about the MS150? My dh does that every year. You are so lucky that you only got a little banged up... those hills would scare the hell out of me!

 
At 8/24/2005 10:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Caroline, you're a dare devil! And you're so incredibly active in so many activities! Awesome!

 
At 8/25/2005 08:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that DH has done that ride. I can't remember. Whatever it was involved Shiner Bock though along the way. LOL!

I know that you're in shape and all but I'd train for a bit first if you have time. Being out in the saddle for that long of a ride in that kind of heat is pretty serious.

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home