Friday, August 12, 2005

did you know?


i read a lot so i have a lot of random information stored in my head such as did you know:

1. The average american eats 1 lb of french fries a week (who is eating mine?)
2. About 1/3 of the population has never experienced deja vu before?
3. Hong Kong has the most rolls royce's per capita?
4. You can divide a number evenly by 3 if you add up all the digits and that number is divisable by 3 (like 144 would be 1+4+4=9 which is divisible by 3 so 144 is too).
5. You should change running shoes every 300-400 miles even if they look nice and pristine?
6. The sentence "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy brown dog" has every letter of the alphabet in it?
7. Both toonies and loonies are canadian coins (thanks to my canadian friends for verifying this).


... those are just the random ones off of the top of my head. my point is people have asked when we started maya road how we could just create items / things - a lot of it is due to the fact that deb and i love to absorb knowledge and learn. the more you learn, the more you discover, the more you develop ideas and fluid thoughts by mixing all of those things up! i can still remember how to make a pac-man puppet from 3rd grade with 3 pieces of paper - 1 piece for the pac-mac face, 2 pieces for the neck/tube and a piece of string so his mouth can move. but even that experiences influences my art of creation. and I know that is the same for deb.

don't be afraid to learn, to take things in and surprise yourself with what you come up with.

3 Comments:

At 8/12/2005 07:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone is eating MY fries, too! That sounds disgusting!
I love random info... just can't remember it all as well as you! :)

 
At 8/12/2005 12:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just lending a note of support--- I am definitely one to retain random information. Can't remember much from two semesters of "History of Ireland" in college, but I can tell you in Celtic times they believe that women peed standing up and men peed sitting down. Now, I know WHY I remember this, because I was sitting there thinking, HOW do they know this?!?! Did they find some ancient pictogram? Now, I can't tell you the name of a single Irish politician, or any famous battles, but I can tell you how people pee. There are some things that I WISH I could forget...

 
At 8/15/2005 10:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!! DH is totally the same way - he can remember ths strangest things!!!
I can't wait for the day that you start using the word 'eh' in your blog!!!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home