Monday, December 05, 2005

calamities of being pregnant...

i need to share a pic with you but i haven't had a chace to take a pic yet - during my trip to asia, i broke my favorite jeans. my baby gut popped the rivet where the jeans buttons together (insert sad face) and i ended up having to safety pin my jeans together throughout asia. i don't know how i am going to fix these jeans of mine...

well my tummy has gotten to the point where that is no longer an option - i have dunlap syndrome (my tummy "dun' lap" over my jeans)! so today was the day i FINALLY pulled out the maternity jeans i had been squirreling away for the last month and a week. WHY DID I WAIT?!? i should have taken these comfortable puppies out weeks ago!

ahhh, now my baby gut can hang freely in all its glory and i don't have to have dunlap syndrome. and the good news is that with the elastic in place, these will probably last me to month 8 of my pregnancy.

5 Comments:

At 12/05/2005 05:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer about your favorite jeans but how exciting that you are growing!!!!!! Glad to hear you are into some more comfortable pants!

 
At 12/06/2005 09:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your favorite jeans.

Maternity doesn't have to be ugly! LOL!

 
At 12/06/2005 06:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline!!!! Congratulations!!! So sorry about your jeans, but that is too funny! Only because I'm sure it will only be a few weeks before that happens to me too. ;) Congratulations again! I love your blog!

 
At 12/07/2005 01:09:00 AM, Blogger taniawillis said...

oh my heck! you are killin' me here. honey.....comfort RULES in pregnancy! enjoy the rest of it and know that you ARE beautiful!

 
At 12/07/2005 12:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really want to wear your regular jeans longer then just loop an elastic through the botton hole and put both ends over the button. This gives you at least another month of wearing them! Maybe more! You can get so many cute maternity clothes now though that you probably have adorable maternity jeans!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home