Monday, November 07, 2005

setting goals...



i went to watch the finish of the half marathon (13.1 miles) yesterday here in dallas. it was merely a year ago when i ran it and that was the last time i ran for a while (injury). but i was there to support carlos - one of my friends. carlos was my boss about 5 years ago. he gave me my first job in dallas straight out of the plant. he helped me start understanding the workings of a commerical realm and gave me opportunities for many successes.

i went to support carlos b/c he started running with me 2 years ago. he has lost close to 60 lbs now and as tough as it is for me to admit, he runs faster than me.

but i am getting that itch again to start doing something longer term in terms of fitness goals. there are going to be exciting things going on for us (as a company) and me (as a person) in 2006. i can't wait!

but to get me started again, i am going to go to the gym today. i won't let carlos be faster than me forever.

3 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 09:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, will we be scrapping in pink or blue this coming year? *wink*

 
At 11/10/2005 08:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Carlos - that is amazing..... and waiting patiently for your exciting news...... whatever it may be!

 
At 11/11/2005 02:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY Carlos! That is so awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home