Monday, September 12, 2005

reflections on the past....


so i was laying in bed last night and i decided to take my new ipod (thanks deb!) for a spin. deb gave me a brand spankin' new 20 GB one. my DH has been sweet enough to load like 40 different artists on there for me. let me just say laying there last night trying to figure out the volume was like learning a new freakin' language - it took me a while to get the hang of it... but then i listened to a CD i probably haven't touched in 10 years - FRENTE (marvin). i had bought this CD back in college b/c i had heard their beautiful remake of "bizarre love triangle" by new order on the radio 1 day. the flood of memories came back.

...it's some what funny to me how deep my emotions used to run in college. that isn't to say that i don't feel things now but the highs and lows seem to have mellowed out over the years. lying in bed last night (as my DH was fast asleep), i could vividly recall my memories of listening to this CD in college and for brief moments i felt flashes of the intense emotions that those times brought to me - things that are easy now - self-esteem, boys, figuring out who i wanted to be, etc. the flashes were raw in my mind but also solidified how FAR i have come in those 10+ years.

...sometimes it is nice to take a trip down memory lane just to remember that the journey had been and IS worth it.

3 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 11:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool, Caroline! Isn't it amazing how certain songs can bring up memories like that?!?!

 
At 9/13/2005 09:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C,

What a great gift from D!

Funny how things like songs, smells, etc. can trigger such great memories!

 
At 9/14/2005 12:22:00 AM, Blogger Jessica S. said...

How cool about the ipod!! It is nice to go down memory lane to remember that the journey has been worth it!! What a great way to put it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home