Wednesday, August 03, 2005

doing what you love...


or at least loving what you do - hey who sings that country song " if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"...you know i was reading a discussion the other day where people were naming off design teams of companies they would love to work with (or be on the design teams of) . all of the biggies were there as well as what i like to think of the {hot} list of scrapbooking. which i think is great but at the same time discouraging for me b/c i remember maya road showing up only once BUT i can tell you i remember exactly who said that.

my point is don't forget us little people. once day we could become the big people. i could be very discouraged that we aren't on the fast pace to superstardom in the scrapbooking crafting industry in fact, some have said we are probably the most analytical. before we enter anything with anyone, we do a complete 2 engineer analysis - from logistics to sales to benefits and how things could affect the end consumer. i know that frustrates some but better to know who you are partnering with and understands your needs than to part ways unhappily later. and for those of you looking to be on a DT- i encourage you to do the same- ASK QUESTIONS.

and for those of you that do submit your designer information, though we don't reply to all the inquiries, we do read and file them all. so when your name pops up, i recognize it. just some food for thought!

good night!

3 Comments:

At 8/04/2005 12:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for a bit now, and I love seeing this side of a business...the real sweat equity and tears and the trials and tribulations you are facing as a growing company in this wildly crazy industry. I love checking in and seeing your new creations posted and eagerly await the launch of your new website.
I can't imagine this, as many industries, is easy to break into. But, you have AMAZING product and you have incredible talent! Your approach is probably unique...but safe! Why potentially ruin your hard work and the name you built with quality products by just entering into a partnership blindly? That's how many get burned and go under!
Good luck with all you are doing!

 
At 8/04/2005 12:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm a big fan! I remember hearing the name of your company last year and it totally stuck with me for some reason. I'm all about supporting the hard-working, small companies, if only I could get your stuff up here!!! LOL! Seriously though, I think it's worth it to be careful and thorough about things. One day all your hard work and sweat will pay off! You have awesome product and great business sense - that will take you a long ways! Here's a big pat on the back from me!

 
At 8/08/2005 08:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you know how much I love MR and all of your cool products. I think the little guys (so to speak) are the ones that make scrapbooking and creating fun. Actually meeting you and Deb and both the Davids makes your company "real." Keep producing quality, unique products - people notice!


And you know how I feel about your DT. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home