Saturday, July 30, 2005

FIVE...



well in about 1 week, my DH and i will have been married for 5 big years. so what do we graduate to on this annivesary? aluminum? crystal? i have to look it up. we aren't doing anything really special - my dream would be to go to bora bora but we will wait on that. we might take a trip later in the year. i can't believe it has been 5 already. i need to get started on our present.

the pics you see here are some of the presents from the last 5 years we have given each other "momento" wise. my DH made the hello kitty ones (well he has "branded" them hello schmitty and gave schmitty facial hair (with my GOOD CHALK) but it's all good! one year on my BD i even got a schmitty BD cake (chocolate sprinkles for the 5 o'clock shadow).

5 years seems like a long time but it really sometimes seems like only yesterday that we were saying our "i do"s... wow. just thinking about it takes my breath away. a long time but also a moment in time. we have had our good days and bad days. i have made my mistakes and so has he. but we are in this for the LONG haul...

so i need to get creating so i can get this done! and of course i want it to be better than the last four years as i am sure this year will be.

5 Comments:

At 7/30/2005 11:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! What an awesome milestone to reach, Caroline! We recently celebrated our 6th and I am having a hard time coming up with new gifts to make for each occassion! I can't wait to see what you come up with - maybe it will give me some ideas for next year!! ;) Although I'm not sure how the whole 'hello schmitty' thing would go over! LOL!! But how sweet is your DH for making those things for you - even a cake! WOW! I hope you guys have a wonderful day!

 
At 7/31/2005 01:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Paul and I are more than double you and David - YIKES! Enjoy your day! Love all of the little gifts from years past - very fun. {can't wait to see what you come up with for this year}

 
At 7/31/2005 05:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy early anniversary! What great gifts!

We just celebrated our 8th (same day as Hayley's birthday - he says the best anniversary gift ever) and it's hard to believe that it's been that long.

Can't wait to see what you create!

 
At 8/02/2005 11:34:00 PM, Blogger Jessica S. said...

Can't wait to see what you create! I think we need the whole story too, how'd you meet. Maybe a couple weeding pictures! :)

 
At 8/02/2005 11:35:00 PM, Blogger Jessica S. said...

Ok, I meant Wedding pictures, not WEEDING! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home