Monday, September 19, 2005

getting old...


i had my first soccer game of the season today...i wish i could say i felt and played as well as i seem in this pic (but this pic is from last year) but i didn't. i felt sluggish and i know exactly why. maya road has taken up a lot of my time in the last 9 months. so much so that my other hobbies have taken back seat. i don't run the 30+miles a week i used to. i didn't play soccer this summer.

and now i am paying for it. i breathe a bit harder and don't run as far without feeling tired and honestly that makes me mad. it is also a wake-up call to me that i need some balance. it has been a LONG time since my DH and i have taken a vacation not related to a trade show. it has been a long time when i didn't think about work for 1 day. it has been a long time since i have run a 15k or even gone shopping for cute clothes on sale(that is a hobby of mine too LOL).

so i need to give some focus. i won't let one more email or one more design get in my way of going for a 3 mile run or 200 meter sprints anymore b/c i refuse to let myself be winded in soccer anymore...

2 Comments:

At 9/19/2005 08:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, C!

Although I will have to say that I gave up exercising (soccer year round) in high school and haven't looked back! Bwahahahaha!

Hope that you find your endorphin high soon!

 
At 9/19/2005 01:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Balance... It's part of my lifelong quest - to find balance. I know what you mean about feeling winded on a run, etc. I am feeling the same way. I desperately need to get back to running more, make it part of my routine again. I think you're on the right track by playing soccer - it's one thing that gets you out and away from work. I hope you are able to find some balance with everythin in your life, Caroline! Hugs to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home