Tuesday, August 09, 2005

new hobby

well after seeing some amazing guitar playing this weekend, i have decided i want this to be my new hobby- i am going to start playing the guitar! this shouldn't be too hard as we already have one collecting lots and lots of dust jackalopes (the bigger form of dusy bunnies) in our house. we also have the "guitar for dummies" book.

i also took the extra step of looking up guitar teachers in my area and i found one. so now all i need to do is execute!

i used to be musically inclined- for a while i even had a decent voice in 5th grade chorus - i got to sing some solos at those yearly "sing-at-the-mall" type events. but then my voice cracked and started to change and my singing was never the same way again. sigh. i also played the piano for about 10 years. i think i got ripped off in the whole deal in the beginning. i can remember being in the second grade and my mom and dad telling me i had piano lessons. i "thought" i heard them say it was for 6 weeks. no big deal - 6 weeks. but i must have misunderstood b/c then it was 6 years. then it was 10 years. at some point, i think i started enjoying it. i even played the keyboard in jazz band in high school. but it has been a LONG time since my fingers have consistently touched a piano. it has been a long time since someone had chided me for not cutting my nails so i wouldn't "tap, tap, tap" on the keys. i miss that musical part of my life. but i need something more "portable".

i don't need another hobby but i need to keep continuing to grow and to learn. i need to stop letting dust jackalopes live in my house!

3 Comments:

At 8/09/2005 08:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you have too much time on your hands! 6 weeks - LMAO! I can't even read music anymore and took for almost that long, too. Good luck with the guitar lessons!

Love the "jackalopes". I've got their bigger cousins in my house. Hmmm, wonder what they're called......

 
At 8/09/2005 05:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!! I'm jealous, I'd love to play the guitar! Good for you for going for it!!! You inspire me girl!

 
At 8/12/2005 07:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Playing the guitar is one of the things on my "list" of things I MUST learn!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home