Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Hotter'N Hell...

This is a bike ride (not a similarly named KISS tribute band) near Dallas that consisted of riding 100 miles in the Texas heat in August. Some former colleagues had begged me to ride this with them about 6 years ago but I had to say no (this was after they were shocked that I could catch up with them on my $200 mountain bike in an MS 150 ride but I digress...)

http://www.hh100.org/

I have always said I would do this and I think I will - BUT not the FULL 100 miles. 50 miles is a nice easy ride (less than 3 hours, the sun won't quite be 100 F yet) but hey, I have a fully functioning 30 lbs mountain bike with slick tires, a cute bike outfit and new helmet, and I haven't trained. Haven't been on a bike in over a year.

But since I have blogged this, now I am publicly committed...

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home