Tuesday, July 12, 2005

bliss




We only have oh 4 days before the show begins and in this time of madness, I like to calm myself down and reflect on things of bliss. What is bliss? I remember reading a book about Joseph Campbell and bliss in High School - might have to dig it out again...

I took these pictures out today to look at them. These were of our last trip to Maui and my second surf lesson. My teacher looked like Sami Haggar (sp?) but I did get surf under his somewhat lax care. It was awesome - terror and bliss at the same time - juxaposition of opposites. But in the end, true happiness, bliss in my mind,(even with a little bit of a burnt bum!) and I kicked my BIL's butt b/c he didn't even get up on the board ;P

1 Comments:

At 7/14/2005 12:43:00 AM, Blogger Heather M. said...

Wow, wish I was there right now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home