Wednesday, May 09, 2007

busy day...

Ok, so i stayed up til about 2 am last night. But i got a lot done. It has been a busy day today. Let me share what we got to do today (besides shipping orders):

1. So Noah's first BD is coming up. And well I was inspired today to try and get all up in the crafty and create some things for Noah's birthday party. It must have been the Martha Stewart watching (I taped the show b/c Lisa was on today as one of the winners! Congrats Lisa for winning in Martha's SBing contest!)

I decided to make these pinwheels to see if I could do it with some patterned paper and some brads. I think it turned out pretty cool and I might make some to skewer fruit or put on Noah's BD straws.






I also sent out all the invites. They turned out pretty darn cute! I am proud to say that I created the invite in Adobe and well it turned out pretty darn awesome. So much so that I might have to venture out of my comfort zone and try HYBRID scrapbooking (including computer journaling - gasp).

2. David finally finished with his Chinese 101 class for this semster! YAY! He had an exam today so to celebrate, I bought him his favorite snacks. The grapefruit is a joke about being Chinese.


We sometimes watch King of the Hill . This is a hilarious show to us b/c we have lived in a town of less than 20,000 people in West Texas and a lot of the characters in the show remind us of the time we lived in that tiny town!

In one episode, Hank's Asian neighbor, Khan, told Hank that he disciplined his kid by not giving the child dessert. And Hank was like "so what, do you take away her orange after dinner?" Which is the joke between David and I as he makes fun of the fact that my family does in fact have oranges after dinner as dessert. Hey if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?


3. And then I left my room for a minute and guess who I found in the blossom trim?

















And the RAK winner. Thanks for sharing all the nice things you all have done for other ppl. It always makes me smile to see the comments there to know that there are kind, decent people out in the world. David picked this so if you didn't win, you can take it up with him:





Marilyn in TX - congrats you won! Email me at: info @ mayaroad.com to claim your prize!





I will post soon about supply chain - need to get some time to wrap my arms around the mega posting I would need to do!

6 Comments:

At 5/09/2007 01:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, give me David's number, I need to have a word with him, I wanted to win!! Just joshing. Congrats to the winner! Woo hoo, Eee ooo!! : )

 
At 5/09/2007 02:44:00 AM, Blogger Julie Overby said...

Wow!!! You have been one busy Mama! And that photo is too adorable! My favorite part is his cute little toes!!!

 
At 5/09/2007 08:45:00 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

ARGH! I only get the pinwheel picture for some reason - too adorable. Congrats to David. Hope that Noah has a wonderful first birthday!

 
At 5/09/2007 09:40:00 AM, Blogger Sasha Farina said...

COngrats Marilyn!! What an awesome win :) and David, i'm pouting LOL.

 
At 5/09/2007 03:56:00 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

those pinwheels are too cute!!!! i can't believe he's going to be one!!!!
congrats to david for finishing his course!

 
At 5/09/2007 09:57:00 PM, Blogger my4blessings said...

Your pinwheels are adorable. Doesn't a year go fast when you put it into "mother time"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home