Tuesday, May 01, 2007

2 of the craziest guys i know...

so there are days i wonder where baby noah gets his craziness. david and i are rather chill people and noah at times gets all crazy and loud.



so there is one major source that i can think of - my dad - bong. this is a photo of bong and baby noah during one of their first meetings.



my dad has a funny sense of humor. lots of people don't realize that he has an english name but in the end, he decided he liked bong better.

for those of you who have never met bong, if you are a fan of the office - bong is like the asian version of dwight. he believes in conspiracy theories, lots of locks on doors (even the garage door) and doesn't believe in wasting good printer ink on photo paper (yeah i know). at one point, he and his brothers were obsessed about growing peonies in their gardens and would talk about it for hours each night.

when bong was introduced to jess' hubby at memory trends, bong said to him "hello, i am bong, james bong" - so it is that type of humor. and even though baby noah is only 11 months old and can't really say anything, i can see that sort of bong glimmer in his eyes sometimes.

deb and i have learned our lesson about calling our dad up to tell him that we are sending him something (say for example photos) of his grandsons. we just let it arrive as a surprise. why? because if we call the day we send something, he will call us and ask when it will arrive and if we have a tracking number and what if he has to go out in the afternoon when the mail arrives.
but it is all good - LOL. we just know where noah gets it from now.

9 Comments:

At 5/01/2007 03:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY laughed out loud at this!!! Your dad sounds amazing!!! I love that kind of humor as well!!!

 
At 5/01/2007 03:51:00 PM, Blogger Sue Sykes said...

I think that I would really like your dad - the clincher was the "I am Bong... James Bong"!! Now that's my kind of humour! :D

 
At 5/01/2007 05:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!! now this was a needed laugh today! How funny!!! Oh, and Dwight is awesome!!! and to have an asian version of that.....lol.... :) :)

 
At 5/01/2007 07:18:00 PM, Blogger Shirley said...

too darn funny! tell your parents my parents said "HI!"

 
At 5/01/2007 07:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there is a Bong in every family!! :) It is a good thing!! He sounds like he is a lot of fun!!!

 
At 5/01/2007 10:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to meet your Dad. I think the two of us will have lots of fun. AND... I have got to ask him all about peonies! I have one bush in my yard. It is my most favorite flower.

 
At 5/02/2007 08:08:00 AM, Blogger sheetal patel said...

too cute!! (and dwight happens to be my favourite character from the office :)).

 
At 5/03/2007 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I laughed SO loudly at the "Bong... James Bong" comment that my coworkers wanted to know what was so darn funny! I love his sense of humor! Fantastic!

 
At 5/03/2007 01:09:00 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home