Thursday, November 23, 2006

happy thanksgiving...

so many things to be thankful for this year. my health. my DH. my baby noah. maya road... i celebrated the start of the day not with a plate of turkey and pumpkin pie but getting back to an activity i love. running...

i ran a "turkey trot" today. no, i didn't have to dress up like a turkey (although the man in the maroon speedo with feathers glued to the back of his speedo carrying an american flag for 8 miles was as close to someone dressing up as a turkey as i saw). but this was something i needed to do. to clear my mind and get my feet back on the ground. this was an 8 mile race here in dallas.

let's just say after not running that distance for almost 1.5 years and having baby noah, i wasn't really fast. a small weiner dog passed me a couple of times (and beat me in the end) but i did it. and i feel really good about it. my butt and abs and legs are going to hurt tomorrow but no matter. in that 1 hour and 20 mins, i was able to think about a lot of things. to sort through a lot of things and to begin new again.

it is so easy to get in a rut sometimes, to accept status quo and just keep running that hamster wheel with no end in sight but i am free again. and no, i didn't get any pictures but i do plan on doing a LO about it. i have my race number and all the journaling done in my mind so everything is ready to go.

have a great thanksgiving!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11/26/2006 07:20:00 PM, Blogger Shirley said...

Congrats on the turkey trot! One step at a time, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home