Wednesday, May 03, 2006

congrats!

to the 2006 Maya Road Journey of a Lifetime Top Ten Finalists!

Stephanie A - East Meadow, NY
Andrea W - BC, Canada
Becky C - Sanford, ME
Rachelle M - Fresno, CA
Beth Q - Mesa, AZ
Jackie R - Farmington Hills, MI
Jeanne M - Tequesta, FL
Kim M - Anthem, AZ
Chrys R - Tracy, CA
Kelly Anne G - Woodbury, MN

i love all of the work you all did and for the other entries, you all were awesome too! thank you for your support of our contest! it means a lot to us!

we will be annoucing a grand prize winner next week so stay tuned!

i have been thinking that i have posted a LOT about babies and being pregnant and such lately. it is hard b/c that is the thing on my mind with only a couple of weeks to go. i think about it often b/c of all the physical changes i have gone through - from getting heart burn just sitting around to rolling out of bed in the mornings to feeling my feet swell a bit - how do you NOT think about it. no, my bag isn't packed for the hospital yet and we only started washing the baby clothes but it will all happen in time. i am even giving in to some cravings finally (had me a half a bag of limon chips yesterday - yum yum).

but i decided last night to do a LO to remind me and my baby that i (and we) did have a life before him but also to remind me that i (and we) will have a life after he is here... i will be happy to share it with him and david now. i can't WAIT to put him in the jogging stroller with his blanket and water and take him running! i can't wait to have him watch me play soccer or david play tennis. i can't even wait to teach him calculus (LOL!)

so much to think about. but with all of the thinking, i actually read a book called "the simple faith of Mr Rogers" - my DH had been reading this book and i didn't have an interest until i happened upon a Mr Rogers' Neighborhood episode the other day as I was flipping channels. Mr Rogers always was one of my favorite shows - just so CALM. i then decided to read the book on Fred Rogers - what an interesting man - how you saw him on the show was how he was in real life - a truly peaceful person - something that i am not at times. but reading his book gave me some things to reflect upon in my life - good changes that i hope to embrace and pass on...

3 Comments:

At 5/04/2006 08:43:00 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

Get moving! LOL! When the time comes, I know where to send Hayley for calculus help! ;)

 
At 5/04/2006 08:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely get what you're saying about your life - I'm the same way. I had kids to fit into my life, not the other way around. I'm still technically a soccer mom, but they're doing my stuff, too. Oh - the travel is such a good example, and it will completely be you, too! Will is 10 and on his second passport...they have to see it, experience it. Know that there is a big world out there and know they can be an important part of it.

LOVE that you mentioned Mr. Rogers - he was from Pittsburgh. He is very much loved here, and there is a wonderful hands-on exhibit in our Children's Museum. Maybe all of you should take a trip in a few years! ;)

Be well, C!

 
At 5/04/2006 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

Congrats to all the winners! How exciting!
I love your attitude on life - you are one amazing girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home