Tuesday, February 21, 2006

a tug of emotions...


i had created this LO about a week ago... sadly, i haven't touched any of my supplies since. it seems that i run into this vicious cycle of guilt when it comes to scrapbooking and running this company.

... i will think "hey i should work on a LO tonight" but then i look at the piles of emails still left to answer and the scores of things still left to do and i feel guilty for wanting to work on something outside of the company. really guilty. guilty enought to not do it. it all seems so ironic - i have a scrapbooking company but it prevents me from scrapbooking!what is up with THAT? and how do i function.

i almost fear taking 1 hour to create sometimes and i really need to stop and just do it. there will always be emails to answer. calls to return. orders to look up. people to contact. if i remember to reset my clock, i probably am more efficient that way. so i think that is what i will do tonight. remember to create just for creation's sake.

isn't that what it is all about?

7 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 07:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you're like me, creating helps keep you sane because it's something you love. it's important to let things go for a bit and take time for yourself because in the long run, it will be better for everyone. I know this probably doesn't make sense but it's something I battle all the time as a sahm.

 
At 2/21/2006 10:18:00 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

I've heard that happens when you own your own company! I'm glad you realize it though, Caroline! And ya know what, if you were back at your old job, you wouldn't be feeling guilty for taking time out for you. I know it's a lot harder when it's your own company but you still need to take time to do what you love. :)
Love the layout, btw! The ribbon looks so cool weaved through the cardstock!

 
At 2/22/2006 09:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to take time to do stuff for YOU! Cause once the little one is here, you'll have LESS time.

LO is making me hungry! ;)

 
At 2/22/2006 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Claude said...

You tell it like it is! Take time to create, you'll be better off in every aspect of your life!!!

 
At 2/22/2006 03:19:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well I dont like pears, but that layout looks great! And if you need a reason to scrap to try and feel less guilty about it, just use some of your own products and call it a "marketing session" LOL.

 
At 2/24/2006 04:48:00 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Caroline,

I whole heartedly agree with you and with what the women have said in their comments. You are important and if you don't take some personal time then your company will suffer in the end.

I love your layout, the colors and the ribbons weaved into the page is ingenious!!! Another thing to try for myself.

 
At 2/28/2006 02:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all - love what you did with the ribbon - so cool... and secondly, I have the same guilty feelings.. just take the time - you remind me and I'll remind you, okay?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home