Saturday, February 11, 2006

shoes...

so i just spent $200 on shoes tonight and no they were not like jimmy choos or other fancy stuff but good old running shoes. my only complaint about running shoes is that all the stylish ones are for people that don't have FLAT FEET! this is as close as i can get to stylish running shoes. i also chose another pair and some running socks. the socks are sweet b/c they are stitched to fit the left or right foot and there is a "L" or "R" stitched on the toes - LOL! trust me they are worth it after you get some bad blisters or start to bruise toenails.


sometimes i wonder if running is a hobby i take a break with from scrapbooking or the other way around. i guess with running the business, it seems that running is now my hobby rather than the other way around. i already have my jogging stroller planned out and my goals set after the baby is born. i am hoping the baby will cheer me on as i start back doing local races (and hopefully placing in my age group once again)... i am sure he and david will be there and i cannot wait!

8 Comments:

At 2/12/2006 01:06:00 AM, Blogger Heather M. said...

WOOHOO!!! I love getting new shoes!!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll be back at it shortly after the baby's born! It's a hobby but also a passion!

 
At 2/12/2006 09:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niiiiiice shoes!

BTW, are you using "he" generically or did you want to share some news with the rest of us?!?!? ;)

 
At 2/12/2006 09:40:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't it crazy how much good shoes cost? I can't run in anything but New Balance and thankfully they're cheaper than some of the brands out there. Enjoy your running and take care of yourself!

 
At 2/13/2006 11:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

slammie beat me to it! HE??? well, i guess "maya" is out of the running for a name if that is the case! :P

 
At 2/13/2006 05:13:00 PM, Blogger Marina said...

New Shoes ROCK and these look great, a lot better then some I've seen. I am very particular about my shoes, especially running shoes. Good for you getting that jogging stroller, but I wouldn't have expected anything less of you!!!!

 
At 2/13/2006 09:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire you for your committment to running! I bet it will be even more fun with a little one in a jogging stroller to whiz around with!

 
At 2/17/2006 08:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your new shoes.. and those are PRICEY, girlfriend!!!!

 
At 10/30/2007 08:01:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pic is superb...If you need nice running shoes..????Caterpillar shoes are the best.....cute blog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home