Friday, January 27, 2006

our parents...


it is almost chinese new year (tomorrow is new year's eve) and we are headed out to las vegas. our parents will also be joining us for this show - i don't think my dad or mom will be doing much selling there but they are there for moral support (and you will probably see them taking lots of pictures at the booth from across the way)...

...my parents didn't have an easy life when they came to the US. in fact, there are parts that they don't talk about a lot. once in a while, they will mention something that we didn't know about their childhood or past. they both came to the US alone as students on green cards... they know what it was like to be poor (hence they have passed on the pack rat-ness to us somewhat). it often amazed me that when my dad retired, he was making less money than i was when i was 2 years out of college. but we made it - often times on his 1 salary - all 4 of us.

... when i see this picture, it seems hardly real to me that my parents are both in their 60s approaching their 70s (thank goodness they will be passing the good genes onto me). and let me tell you how EXCITED they are that they are going to be grandparents 2x over this year. my dad told me on his BD " i am almost 70, it is time for me to have grandbabies!"

... but i know they will be at LV to be with us and give us moral support with 2 pregnant women waddling around with their DHs. and we will probably be yelling a bit under the stress but hey - it is all good - we are family.

and i will also leave you with one more complete peek:



if you are at CHA , pop over and say hello at booth 1165.

5 Comments:

At 1/27/2006 05:50:00 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Your parents look great, and I'm sure they are over the moon with 2 new expecting grandbabies on the way!!! How very exciting for your whole family.

Best of Luck in LV, and again another fabulous product you have designed.

 
At 1/27/2006 08:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gung hay fat choy!

Your parents look great! Hope that you all have a great time in Vegas!

 
At 1/27/2006 10:56:00 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Good luck in LV Caroline!! Your ribbons are fabulous!! And your parents look just sooo sweet!! Hey, I would be thrilled too to "finally" have grandbabies at 70!!

 
At 1/28/2006 04:09:00 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

That photo of your parents is AWESOME! I'm so glad they will be there to support and help you! I'm so thrilled for you and all your success! Have an awesome show, Caroline! I am so in love with your new stuff!

 
At 1/31/2006 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

what a handsome family you have!!! I wish I could pop into to say hello Caroline!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home