Tuesday, January 17, 2006

bliss...





... so i was at the gym today (on one of the rare days i get to go) and i decided to see what pace my running had slowed to - i used to run close to a 7 min mile (at least for a couple of miles) but i have slowed considerably since being pregnant. i was still booking it at a 8:30 min/mile pace for about 2 miles. i am sure some of the guys around me were a bit taken aback that a visibly pregnant woman was running faster than they were (LOL)! i know i will get back into the swing of things after our baby is here.

but that running was really good for me. i usually don't listen to any news, music or anything else when i run. i use that time to reflect upon things which are troubling me or are coming fast and furious my way (like CHA for example) and after a bit of sweating, it seems that everything is light years away - a state of bliss for me... fellow runners know what i am talking about.

speaking of bliss - i created myself this laughing cow cheese wheel BLISS album - just to remind myself when i am blue that truly it is just a state of mind away from BLISS. i listed questions to reflect upon - blessings i have, pictures of me smiling - all to bring me back to being thankful for all i have. you can see the new Maya Road ribbons peeking out from some of the pictures. i really love them and how they coordinate with our current line!

4 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 11:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea and totally cute, too!

Ummm, has no one told you that your life will never be your own again once you have this baby? LOL!

 
At 1/19/2006 01:20:00 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

I totally know that feeling! Nothing like a good run to give you some perspective, eh?! And I love your altered cheese container!!!!

 
At 1/19/2006 08:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running is good for the soul! I ran until 39 weeks with my first... slooooooowwwwww, but at least running!

Oh - pass along congrats to Deb and David for me - I can't leave comments on her blog because I am not a blogger!

 
At 1/21/2006 09:14:00 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I love this mini box of bliss you made!!! GOod for you on running while preggo you are a machine!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home