Tuesday, January 10, 2006

natural bliss...


i managed to drag my butt out of the office before dark today to go for a run.

i am not sure if i am really more tired now that i am pregnant or i am just using the pregnancy as an excuse to lighten up on my exercise program (smile). but i saw this picture of me i put on our fridge that serves as a reminder to me of *how i feel* after a run. granted this was in beautiful hawaii and i had just done a 54 mile relay race but it doesn't matter - after any run, i have the same glow to my face.

so after i managed to get my running clothes on and stopped to use the restroom like 3x, i was out the door. the first 2-3 minutes were hardest- it was starting to get cold, i debated whether or not to go get the gloves and then it felt like my baby was sitting on my bladder. but i pushed on for my short 20 minute run. but afterwards, i was very happy i did it. i felt the same feeling i did in this picture.

i will be the first to admit that i am a true blue introvert. after a day of talking on the phone and also at trade shows, i am beat. i am tired and cranky. but then the run changes me - with natural bliss.

what more can i ask for?

PS, i just got more ribbons in my hands today so you are in for a treat tomorrow - wait til you see some others we have planned for CHA - even my DH said "wowizers!" when he saw them!

4 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 01:02:00 AM, Blogger Heather M. said...

WTG Caroline!!!! I know that feeling of bliss after a run! I'm so glad you managed to get out for a run!
Can't wait to see more cool ribbon!

 
At 1/10/2006 09:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna see more ribbon! :)

Don't you just love living in the bathroom - that wee little one camping out on your bladder?!?!?

 
At 1/10/2006 09:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, sister... there is NO OTHER feeling like the one you have when you finish a run. Rock on.

 
At 1/10/2006 12:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that look... my step-mom is a runner and ran through both of her pregnancies! Good for you for keeping at it.

and ribbons... can't wait to see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home