Thursday, December 22, 2005

i must confess...

1. i eat cereal out of the box sometimes
2. i can drink pickle juice out of the jar sometimes
3. i don't make my bed every day
4. i don't comb my hair every day
5. i suddenly have developed a fascination with this memory game called sudoku (google it)
6. yes, i do retalitory christmas cards.
7. yes, i do throw away my SBing magazines when i am done reading them (except the $10.99 and up ones, those cost too much to throw away)
8. my house is not too often neat
9. i have 2 drawers of mail left to shred (unless my DH has hid some more which i need to find and then i probably have 4 drawers)
10. i rarely read books of fiction

...but you know what, all of that isn't important. it is being thankful for what i have and my blessings each and every day. my DH and i support a couple of causes that we believe in. that is important. we have been blessing with many things and we believe in sharing - the one thing that we support all year is samaritian's purse (http://www.samaritanspurse.org/). from packing some shoe boxes to a financial support, this is important to us. it is important for us to remember not to look at what those who have more things than us but remember those who do not have what we have.

it is often that sometimes items 1-10 on my list short circuits the other stuff - the important stuff- and i have to remember what is truly important in life.

3 Comments:

At 12/22/2005 03:04:00 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

YAY! I am so happy to hear you support Samaritan's Purse. My DH works for them and they are such an incredible organization! This Christmas we also supported Serve Nepal - an organization that fights sexual exploitation and trafficking in Nepal - AMAZING work they are doing. If you're interested, their website is: www.safoundation.com
Merry Christmas Caroline!

 
At 12/22/2005 05:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see how #1-10 change with your pregnancy! ;)

And you have NO idea about the packrat thing - come by for a visit next time you're in town! LOL!

 
At 12/28/2005 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will have to check out Samaritan's Purse - sounds awesome!

Love your list.... and I am guilty of a lot of them, too - except the pickle juice - YUCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home