Wednesday, December 14, 2005

sacrifices...

... well i have about 6 months to go in my pregnancy. i am really surprised at how much i have given up and also how easy it has been to do so! i was thinking today about what i have given up - sushi (raw stuff), lunch meat, a lot of fish, diet cokes (instead of 5 a day, i am down to maybe 1 every 2-3 days), advil, pepto, good skin, running so that my heart rate is above 150 bpm, soccer, some tight fitting jeans and my waistline. oh well a lot of that will come back one day. one thing that is some what significant to me that i have given up is my belly ring. this is something i have had and not taken out for the last 10 years (except for an MRI). i can still remember being back in college after a particularly tough set of finals, my best friend and i deciding to get something pierced. i decided on a belly ring and he decided on a tongue ring. it is hard to believe that was 10 years ago! and i guess 10 years ago it was a big deal to me. but i took out the belly ring this week on the advice of my doctor.
... i definitely will be making a page of these sacrifices for my baby. she (or he) is worth it...


as promised, i have a RAK to give away! the first one will be of these beautiful ribbons PLUS a flower chipboard book. the book isn't pictured but trust me it is FABULOUS! all i want to see is something that you have done with a MR product. you don't have to post it here - you can send it to me at info@mayaroad.com . this isn't a "who-made-the-best-thing" - i just want to see what you have done. it can be as simple as a ribbon tied onto a page or a shrine of maya road products.

we will pick a winner on saturday 12 CENTRAL time - so post here your gallery or email me a small image! good luck!

4 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 09:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous as usual! And the teasers you throw out just aren't RIGHT! ;)

Can't wait to see the layout(s) on things that you've given up! And the little belly that you've got going. :)

 
At 12/14/2005 11:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand where you are coming from....I had to give up my nose ring after my son was born. He kept grabbing at it -- he was so facinated by it.

One day he pulled it right out and man did it ever hurt. I was scared that he might rip my nose the next time so I took it out. I had it for 6 years. I miss it still but it was just too tempting for him.

Believe me every little sacrifice is worth it when the look at you with those great big eyes and smile.

 
At 12/19/2005 07:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All worth it, CL, all worth it... I had NO IDEA you had a belly ring....

 
At 12/20/2005 05:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is all worth it! Plus you get great hair, alot of people helping you, great anticipation, pedicures (from other people!), showers, and a whole new scrapbook journey, eat for two (heck I still use that since I'm breastfeeding!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home