Thursday, January 12, 2006

baby...baby...


...well something has been weighing on my mind this last week. we will find out shortly if this little one is a boy or a girl. if anyone has asked me and knows me well will know my answer is that "i hope it is a girl". it isn't that i have anything against boys but i grew up with a sister and boys are still a bit of a mystery to me.
... but i know when we find out i won't be disappointed one way or another. be it a boy or girl, i know that our connection cannot be broken (except when they turn all "mom-you-don't-know- anything" during their teenage years). i also know that i will have to be the punishment giver as my DH is too much of a softy. and when i think about that, it overwhelms me a bit. me... no wait... the two of us bringing life into this world. are we ready?
... i guess i can't ever be 100% ready but now there is someone that is going to be joining us that is totally in our care and it does take my breath away a bit.
... i guess i find myself worrying a bit and i am typically not much of a worrier. i know that this shall pass and i go with the flow. but we find ourselves talking about things we only chatted lightly about before - daycare or no daycare? how do we do punishments? how do we respect our advice our parents give us but remind them that this is our baby? and finally will david learn to change a diaper with one hand ( i have seen him practice on other ppl's kids and it is NOT pretty - trust me).
...but like i have found in the past, worrying really doesn't get you anywhere you need to be going so i will put this all in God's hands and respect and love what we have been given.

5 Comments:

At 1/13/2006 01:07:00 AM, Blogger Heather M. said...

Hugs, Caroline! You guys will be amazing parents! You'll learn and grow just like the babe will!

 
At 1/13/2006 10:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you have that little baby, it will all work out. Paul had NEVER changed a diaper in his life until Creaghan was born... and he figured out the very first one - no problems.
I was a worrier - big worrier - with each of my pregnancies....

 
At 1/13/2006 10:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean that DHs are supposed to change diapers?!?! LOL!

Girls are so much fun! All the cute clothes and outfits that match paper (okay, I haven't gone quite that far yet but I know of others that have - LOL), etc.

You'll be great parents! BTW, if you're thinking daycare, start looking now - the good ones usually have a waiting list.

 
At 1/14/2006 09:20:00 PM, Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

you said it all in the last line of your post, we S! girls are so happy for you Caroline!!!

 
At 1/15/2006 11:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOH! Congrats on your baby! :) I have one of each and although they are both different from one another you will love either or I promise! Congrats again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home