Monday, October 17, 2005

getting older...


it is hard for me to believe i will be 31 in a couple of days. it has been a great year - quitting my old job and taking MR to places we only dreamed of. i feel very lucky and blessed each morning i wake up. i think back to what i have accomplished this year and i feel very content with life. i have had a good life and an easy life compared to many others. it is so so easy to look at someone else's life and think "why should they have it so easy and not have to work for the stuff they have?" but it is just stuff. stuff that isn't going with you when you die.


2005 has been a great year. my DH thinks he see a spring in my step that wasn't there last year. but i think i am finally taking the time to smell some flowers once in a while. yeah, i am a bit out of shape compared to my marathon training self last year but i am so happy. i don't get the sunday afternoon blues about going to work. and most importantly, my DH and I are going to start thinking about our family and how we want it to grow (or not). things we weren't mature enough to tackle last year.

PS for those posters on my last entry, i actually do weigh 15-20 lbs more than i did in HS. i was a very tiny 115 lbs then - my legs were as skinny as my arms. i just carry my weight well now b/c it is 100% sheer muscle (LOL!).

4 Comments:

At 10/18/2005 07:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You silly, silly girl - of course you are all muscle!!!!

Happy early birthday to you.... 31 is a good year - so glad you found your groove. :)

 
At 10/18/2005 08:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy early birthday! You're still a young 'un! ;)

BTW, you still look the same to me! :)

 
At 10/18/2005 10:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy early birthday and congrats on all your success and happiness! you have done a great job!!!

and i'm still mad at you for ONLY weighing 15lbs. more than college. it's not fair!! :P

 
At 10/18/2005 12:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool that you this year has been so awesome! Happy early bday to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home