Wednesday, October 05, 2005

my creations


i know i spoke about the tank top that i created a couple of entries ago and well here is a snippet of it! i don't want to ruin the surprise for everyone who might see me at the show. man, the last time i remember painting a t-shirt was with those "puffy paints" and the t-shirt paints that you outlined cute cotton print cutouts with!

ah, i have evolved but nonetheless, here is one of the tanks (and to uphold LAU tradition - on sale at old navy). i also decided that convention centers tend to be places where you can pack meat and have it freeze in so i decided to make a scarf too. when i told my DH of my plans, he kinda said "you aren't wearing a SCARF to the show are you" - i think he envisioned like fleece or heavy knit with a trapper hat or something. as stylish as that is, i had picked up some t-shirt scarves at the GAP for $1.99. so last night i set about on a mad midnight creation once again and stamped it using our tins as a stamp and a circle stamp. heck, i was so tired, i even stamped my leg in acrylic paint (which reminds me i need to go wash that off).

our house is exploding in projects right now. i am sure my DH was shocked to see my scarf hanging on the door of the kitchen pantry to dry (it was like hanging panty hose to dry) but he is a saint about things (sometimes). and now i have a scarf to wear! might have to make deb wear one too.

so if you see deb and i in my crazy creations, just remember, while we were voted most likely to succeed, we were NOT voted "best dressed"...

3 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 02:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh! That looks so cool!!! I think a scarf is a good idea! You're right, those conventions centers are FREEZING! I can't wait to see photos of you at MT!

 
At 10/06/2005 08:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This I cannot wait to see...

 
At 10/06/2005 09:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C - you CRACK me up! Hope that you got the paint off of your leg by now and some decent sleep! Can't wait to see pictures of your creations.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home