Monday, April 09, 2007

back in the game...

so um what did you do this weekend? besides celebrating Easter and spending some time with my family, i decided it was time to get back into the game. i ran a 5k this on saturday and did this LO about it tonight.

i had resisted running a road race b/c i seem to always "measure" myself against my best time ever (which was under 22 minutes for a 5k) and it was one of those things that i knew that i was no where near close to anymore since baby noah and when i stopped road racing about 2 years ago.

for me, running is like trying to fit into those size 4 jeans that fit so easily in high school. my personal best running time is like those size 4 jeans - elusive, a part of history, and a goal that haunts me.

but i decided i needed to take the plunge and get back into it. so i did it. i ran the race. i did things differently than i did in the past when i was super competitive. i ran without a watch so i wouldn't have to "measure" myself each mile and push myself too hard. i held back during until the last 100 yards and then i sprinted to the end. and when it was all said and done, i finished with a respectable time - 27 mins and 4 seconds.

and i am now back in the game. i am ready to race again and to get ready for my half marathon. this is my LO about it using my race number.




and to celebrate my race, here is the RAK winner from my last RAK posting:

BabeCaddy - email me at info @ mayaroad.com

8 Comments:

At 4/09/2007 07:41:00 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

Congrats, Caroline!!!

 
At 4/09/2007 08:22:00 AM, Blogger sheetal patel said...

congrats on a great time and getting back into it!!

my running days are a VERY distant memories (like 10 years distant :p). i'm having such a hard time getting motivated to get back into it (or some other kind of activity!)

 
At 4/09/2007 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Andrea Wiebe said...

Sounds like an awesome time!!!

 
At 4/09/2007 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Heather M. said...

WTG, Caroline! Good for you for racing again. I need to have some guts like you do and race again.

 
At 4/09/2007 11:57:00 AM, Blogger Julie Overby said...

Great LO about racing! Awesome!

Congrats Babecaddy!

 
At 4/09/2007 07:30:00 PM, Blogger StacyC said...

Congrats Caroline!!!! Thanks again for the challenge and for the awesome RAK!!!!!

 
At 4/09/2007 09:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Caroline!!! It must feel awesome to get back into it again!!!

 
At 4/12/2007 03:49:00 PM, Blogger StacyC said...

Caroline, I just received you RAK... WOW!!! You are sooo generous... Thank you sooo much for all the great stuff, I love it all!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home