Monday, October 23, 2006

challenging myself...



to me scrapbooking is all about challenging myself to think of my papers, my pictures and my memories in different ways. each piece is different than the last (though the starting materials might be the same)


i made the 3 LOs above on friday night - in a late night frenzy, i decided to do a page about each of us - noah, david and myself) - after looking through my last series of LOs, i decided to challenge myself when doing these in the following ways:


1. using patterned paper as the background - i start 95% off the time with plain cardstock as the background b/c it is easy so this time, i told myself use patterned papers to see what you get.


2. use other shapes rather than squares, rectangles and handcut swirls (b/c i did a lot of those lately) - so you can see in the LO about me, i used a circle. the circle was made by tracing a pot lid - a new use for your pots and pans!


3. use more than 1 photo on a LO b/c a single 4" x 6" is what i typically do - you can see the noah LO uses 3 pictures - again trying to stretch my boundaries with what i do.


4. covering up flaking rubons - for the david LO, i got some rubons on there (by the "roam" which were well hard to use. they flaked and didn't want to come off of the transfer sheet so rather than fight it, i incorporated it into the design - i think it came out cool.


5. using die cuts- i typically do not use die cut tags, etc on LOs but i had this fab sheet of diecuts from cosmo cricket and i used them in the noah and david LOs - i turned the borders into elements that draw your eye to the photos. i also used the die cut tags for journaling and i turned the tags OUTWARDS rather than inwards - for a twist.


and i am rather pleased at what 1 hour plus 5 pictures and these 5 challenges caused me to do. so i can see my sbing evolving again and it is all for the better.


oh yeah, check back tomorrow for a special RAK - i haven't forgotten my other RAK, want to just get tomorrow's done so i can announce the winners all together.

9 Comments:

At 10/23/2006 01:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pages and your self-challenges.

Happy, happy birthday!!!

 
At 10/23/2006 04:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great challange starting with pp Thats a hard one for me!

 
At 10/23/2006 07:32:00 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

Love the layouts! And especially love the last one of you in the subway station. :)

BTW, happy birthday!!!!

 
At 10/23/2006 08:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

 
At 10/23/2006 08:37:00 AM, Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

I love the way you challenge yourself, and I'm gllad I'm not the only one who uses a pot lid for a template, amoung other things.


Happy Birthday

 
At 10/23/2006 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Jeannie said...

Happy Birthday!!!

 
At 10/23/2006 11:29:00 AM, Blogger Andrea Wiebe said...

great challenges...and your layouts turned out incredible :)

have a happy birthday!

 
At 10/23/2006 01:07:00 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

Totally LOVE those layouts! I need to challenge myself - I just haven't had the desire to scrap lately!

 
At 10/23/2006 09:26:00 PM, Blogger butterfly843 said...

Your layouts looks great, love how you circled the word to highlight it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home