Thursday, August 24, 2006

ahhh rubons...

when did the obsession begin... i can remember my very first set. we grew up in a thrifty family and in my stocking one year, i got a half sheet of SMURFS rubons from santa (which i knew all along was my mom). my sister got the other half a sheet. that was over like 22 years ago i think! i think in my pile of stuff at my parents house, i still have that sheet of rubons (along with my shirt tales cartoon ones)! ah, a hoarder even at a young age...

so what am i going to do when the almost 1000 lbs of rubons arrives in the warehouse. LOL. but my parents along with teaching us to be thrifty taught us the goodness of sharing so be ready for a small win-it-before- you-can-buy-it RAK tomorrow (might only be a sheet of rubons and matching ribbons but hopefully, all you MR fans will love it nonetheless).

we have been working our BUTTS off in the last 2 weeks. getting images on our site, getting hundreds of orders shipped, getting ready for the next trade show and other details we can't reveal yet! and we want to express our gratitude for those retailers / customers that try to be patient with us. thank you. it means so much to us. we are also trying to streamline processes so we can spend more time with our babies.

sometimes deb and i think "wow, our company has outgrown us!" but that is a better place to be than "wow, we have outgrown our company". and with every road block we hit, we come up with a solution to make things better. that is the cool thing about owning your own company, there isn't the red tape to get approval to get things done from management. WE ARE THE MANAGEMENT. if we want to change it up, all we have to do is agree (deb and i) and we are done! and if we say no to something, we are fluid enough to have an answer once we agree on it. how totally cool is that?

so thank you for all of you who have been patient with us! we think our products are worth the wait and we hope you do too! i am hoping one of these days to actually get to scrap again and use my new rubons (which seems sort of ironic since we own our own SBing company).

check back tomorrow for a RAK of some of our new rubons!

10 Comments:

At 8/24/2006 11:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh would I ever like to play in your warehouse Caroline!
Janet

 
At 8/25/2006 12:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just amazed at all it takes to keep Maya Road up and running! Thanks for an "inside" look at how it all goes! I definately appreciate all you two do!!

 
At 8/25/2006 02:26:00 AM, Blogger Marie said...

I guess it will be a little while before we see these rubons in Australia. I'm chuckling about the hoarding - I used to do the same. lol

 
At 8/25/2006 02:57:00 AM, Blogger Sue Sykes said...

can't wait to see those new rub-ons!!

 
At 8/25/2006 06:54:00 AM, Blogger GREETJE said...

Can't wait to work with

 
At 8/25/2006 07:09:00 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

Can't wait to see what you 2 have come up with! Too bad I'm not closer or I'd help you out in the warehouse! ;)

 
At 8/25/2006 09:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see - can we have a little peek????

Cathy

 
At 8/25/2006 09:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind....I see the "peek" further down....sorry....but now I'm even more excited.

Cathy

 
At 8/26/2006 05:22:00 PM, Blogger butterfly843 said...

Your products are amazing, I cant wait to try your new rubons.

 
At 8/29/2006 05:07:00 PM, Blogger SmileyCarrie said...

Can't wait to see all your new things... just took a look at the rubons. Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home