Thursday, August 10, 2006

what i love about this business...


this is a fave pic of mine - noah fast asleep in the baby bjorn after i took him out for a walk a couple of days ago..he is growing up SO FAST! it is amazing!

but looking at this picture, i am so glad that i chose the route in my life that allows me to see noah and be with him more often than at my other job. i would have missed out on a lot if i went back to my engineering profession. i always knew that i would be a working mom b/c that is my nature. but i am blessed to be able to be in an industry where people understand when you tell them "i just had a baby" and they ask about your child rather than the you-have-been-gone-for-6-weeks-you-should-be-back-to-work. what a difference that is. and i love that. i love that when we brought noah with us to chicago, people were wanting to see him at the show rather than another industry where the people would have frowned upon me taking my 7 week old to a trade show with me. that is what i LOVE about this business. it is refreshing...

but also there are things which i wish would change in this business. as with the positives, there are always negatives. at times, when deb and i have asked people what they have thought about our product line, all we hear is "we love everything" - unfortunately those are some of the times when we want to hear the brutally honest truth b/c love doesn't pay the bills (LOL). this industry is so full of praise that sometimes it is hard to gauge what direction we should be heading or what we should/shouldn't release. !

but you know what? i wouldn't trade where i am today and what we are doing with the company for anything else in the world. i am a happier person. i don't get sick as much. i do work like a dog still but i enjoy it. and all of that, along with the time noah and i get to spend together is priceless. so for that, i thank you all for your support!!

and looking ahead, deb and i are starting up some MT ideas and we promise they will KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!!

OH yeah, be sure to check out my blog on friday, after some mega-power- unpacking, i have some more CHA Chicago goodies to share - some of our samples of chipboard tins were dented on their way home but the chippies are still good so i will be RAKing those away this coming friday!

7 Comments:

At 8/10/2006 09:38:00 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

What a sweet picture! They grow so fast....

 
At 8/10/2006 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

what a sweetie!!

It is so refreshing to hear that someone is so happy with their job and their life!

Have a great day!!
M

 
At 8/10/2006 02:37:00 PM, Blogger Vee said...

awww...what a cutie!

 
At 8/10/2006 06:37:00 PM, Blogger Laura Vigliarolo said...

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next, I also can't wait to get my hands on the stuff fron CHA yet, your booth got me all excited, to get home and get scrappin'.

 
At 8/11/2006 11:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg..he is just too sweet!! Can't wait to get the new stuff. You guys rock!!!

 
At 8/11/2006 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Caroline, I am so happy to have found your blog again, I lost the link when I changed my blog settings. Noah is ao adorable, and I agree they grow so fast, enjoy it while you can.

I sit here reading your words and you have encouraged me to act, I am working in the engineering world and I am not happy. I know there are other things in life that I would much rather do, and for all the same reasons you are happy not to be working in engineering are the same reasons I want to leave. You have inspired me to act upon my desires and dreams and maybe one day I will have the cake shoppe or the bistro!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

 
At 8/11/2006 01:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so happy you found the perfect niche...to have fulfilling work and yet time to take care of that cutie how you want to! perfection!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home