Tuesday, August 01, 2006

my other hobby...

so online, you will find me as TXrunner b/c i run and i live in TX - not very creative i know. and that running thing is something i have neglected for the last 10 weeks. yeah i know part of it is having noah and letting my body heal but my body needs running to feel complete. i know that sounds totally crazy but runners know what i am talking about!

i ran tonight - only had about 15 mins after dinner and before i needed to take care of noah so i went outside and did sprints. my house sits on a fairly hilly part of the neighborhood which is perfect for sprinting up and down. i haven't sprinted since i found out i was pregnant with noah and let me just say that the sprints i did HURT. but HURT in a good way. i only did a set of 6 of them in the 100 degree heat but i felt good. i felt alive and i felt fast. after having noah i could TOTALLY see how having a baby sometimes makes people put fitness on the back burner - there aren't enough hours in the day! but at the same time, getting back into it makes me a better person to care for noah. it gives me a chance to air my stresses and frustrations in a positive way.

so i am eyeing a local 5k again, i hope soon. wish me luck!

6 Comments:

At 8/01/2006 09:51:00 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

You are NUTS! ;) But glad that you're able to get back into doing something that you love....

 
At 8/01/2006 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Heather M. said...

I am SO looking forward to getting back into running. I know exactly what you mean - running makes me feel complete too. Good luck making time to run - I can't imagine how hard it is!

 
At 8/01/2006 12:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess the days of me being able to keep up are gone. At least until you start pushing the jogging stroller, which will be sufficiently weighted down with bricks.

I'm glad to see you getting back into running, since it is something you enjoy so much. I admire, adore, and love you and am constantly amazed at all you're able to accomplish. When you run your races, N and I will be there to cheer you on.

D

 
At 8/01/2006 02:36:00 PM, Blogger Sue Sykes said...

How sweet!

Anyhow, by sprint,do you mean run, really fast?!? ARE YOU CRAZY!?!?

LOL! I admire you, Caroline - I really do! :)

 
At 8/03/2006 01:57:00 AM, Blogger lacintha said...

Caroline...You're my hero! Keep going girl!

 
At 8/03/2006 05:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the good hurt... oh, yeah.
You need your running time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home