Sunday, July 16, 2006

it is time...




well even the *best* planners in the world get stressed out so i will admit, i am a bit stressed about the upcoming show. well maybe stressed isn't the word but i have a list a mile long that i have to have done before we head out and this time, noah is coming along (i never could have imagined how much a 7 week old would need) and deb and david (and jonathan) aren't coming this time around.

i know a lot of people think i get to swim around in ribbons and chipboard all day and in fact i do but it is more a nature of the beast. i don't actually get to PLAY with anything - more just look at it in piles in my office or having them get ready to ship out of the warehouse. but i needed something to recharge my creative batteries so i made this journal friday night. i couldn't find the paper i wanted to express my idea journal so i decided to just take the naked book and draw on it. all of the "doodles" on there have meaning for me from the turtle (which my cuz AL taught me to draw when i was about 10) to the ribbon on the back (which was something similar i drew for our middle school year book when i was editor). all of these are "me" in the best possible way. even the mistakes!

but i am recharged now and ready to go. there is no need for me to get stressed for things beyond my control at this point. and well one of my mad skillz is solving those problems when they arise. so i can't wait.

to all of you going to CHA, stop by to say hello. if i am not there, i will be off to check on my sweet noah as his grandma is watching him and giving him a kiss. but i will be back. i might try to sneak him into the show if he is being good.

3 Comments:

At 7/17/2006 07:54:00 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

Love the journal! Amazing how someone so small can take up SO much of the luggage, huh? ;)

 
At 7/17/2006 01:01:00 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

Awesome!!!!

 
At 7/17/2006 01:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great doodling! I wish I could doodle like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home