Tuesday, September 12, 2006

blogging...

2326=65<=993=XROQDF>232358842;5<9ot1lsi.jpg">


i totally love this random shot taken during noah's shin dig in new mexico. a totally non posed shot that captures noah and his daddy enjoying a cool summer day. this picture got me thinking about the act of blogging.

you know when i first hear about this, i rolled my eyes at the idea of the blog (aka weB LOG- that is where the word blog comes from). but then i jumped on the bandwagon over a year ago. i thought about why it was that i started and it was really 4 fold:

1. i wanted people who wanted to know about maya road to meet me and get to know who i am and where i am coming from. i have a family. i have hobbies. i have a life outside of scrapbooking too! there is a human aspect to our company and this is one way to get out there and have people see who we are and what we stand for. i am just like all the other hundreds of thousands of scrapbookers out there - i hoard supplies, i use products from all types of companies, i just happen to own one with my sister (which is a total advantage when say, you decide that your baby boy needs some more boy embellishments so you all can make some).

2. i want people to understand what we struggle with and enjoy as a small business. there is so much to think about and this sort of thing isn't something you jump into easily for a lot of people.

3. and finally, i have come to accept that this is a way to journal like i haven't done since i was in high school. albeit a much more public forum, but i was looking back at my posts and i can visually see how my own evolution into who i am today and who maya road is today has taken place. i can see when we annouced that we were having a baby to finding out it was a boy to the 15 lb baby noah i have now. it really is really cool to see it all in one place - my thoughts, my photos, my feelings. and i do plan on printing out my blog and putting it in an album as a journal for myself b/c it is so easy to forget things - little things that i want to remember a year from now.

so well, i will continue to blog - doesn't matter if 100 people read it or i read my blog alone. it has become sort of an extension of who i am and what i do.

PS - don't forget about my RAK in the last post, i keep putting more and more things in the cigar box so post if you want to win!

8 Comments:

At 9/12/2006 01:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I read your blog and enjoy your thoughts - thanks for sharing them.

 
At 9/12/2006 05:48:00 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

Another person who likes just coming here and 'looking over the virtual fence' to see how someone else lives I suppose.
I find it refreshing that you're honest about how much work it actually takes to do all that you do and that life isn't always 'perfect'. You get tired, you get stressed, you get angry....and you don't pretend you don't.

Thank you, just for being you :)

Tamara

 
At 9/12/2006 07:32:00 AM, Blogger GREETJE said...

I'm one of the many persons who read your blog every day.
It is so special to see what another person on the other side of the world is doiing.
Greetje

 
At 9/12/2006 07:42:00 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

Love reading yours and D's (blog list that I have to visit to start out my day)! Love the adorable picture!

 
At 9/12/2006 08:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always read your blog, I'm just bad about leaving comments. I am so glad you'll continue.

Have a great day!
Gretchen

 
At 9/12/2006 09:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lvoe your blog and not because of the RAK
because you keep it real :)
i love blogging too
have a ggod one!

 
At 9/12/2006 11:33:00 AM, Blogger Heather M. said...

What a sweet photo! I'm so glad you blog - I love reading/learning more about you and MR!

 
At 9/13/2006 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Sue Sykes said...

I blog for the same reasons! Well, not the Maya Road reasons but #3 is definitely me too! It's my journal, albeit a very public one!
I am also glad you blog - love hearing about you, your family & co.!
BTW, did I miss the fourth reason...??? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home