Saturday, July 08, 2006

txrunner...


...

you know this was me from about 2-3 years ago. physically i don't look like this anymore so soon after having noah (and to top it off, i think i found a couple of stretch marks today) but mentally i am at this place you see in this LO. this is the pace of my groove and this is the passion that burns inside of me.



i ran today for about 20 mins in the 95F weather - this is my 3rd run since i had noah. it was something i needed. while every step felt like i was in slow motion and out of shape (like a bad dream i sometimes have where no matter what i did, i was being passed by everyone and their dog), i know that this was what i needed to get me through today - to get the energy to take care of noah, run the day to day of MR and get ready for the trade show. heck, i was already planning some MT products (and boy did i come up with something COOL today) during my run.



some people go to the spa to relax or read a good book but running is my form of relaxation. i am glad to be getting back into it again. i know with the show coming up, i will need more of these during the week to get me through the days. but i welcome it with open arms.

4 Comments:

At 7/09/2006 02:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand your pains. My wife, professional track, became pregnant almost 2 years ago. I had sympathy pregnancy with her and went through everything, even the weight gain. Being a former college soccer player, gaining 30 pounds was not something that made me happy. Shortly after my wife gave birth she lost all her weight. Samuel is now 16 months old and here I still sit almost 30 pounds overweight (207). I did run a mile 2 days ago, 6:04.10 and that made me feel good. I've also started an indoor soccer team with 8 guys from my job. Along with joing a fitness club (National Institue of Fitness and Sports, NIFS) I believe I can lose the weight.

Well that was alot, but just know their are other out there dealing with the same problems. (both male and female)

 
At 7/09/2006 08:39:00 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

YAY for you! You need to do something that's good for you so that everyone else will be happy. KWIM? :)

 
At 7/09/2006 02:17:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love this layout of you running. Glad to hear you're back at it.

Thanks for the all the sneak peaks too!

 
At 7/11/2006 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Heather M. said...

I totally hear ya! I run for many of the same reasons as you, Caroline. And you just keep inspiring me! Love the layout!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home