Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Creativity....






i used to be overwhelmed by trying to do 12" x12" LOs. it got to the point where it was even stressful for me to sit down and do a LO... i have 3 albums of 12" x 12" pages but they took me a gut wrenching 2 years to finish! in the last year however, my take on creativity and creation has been different. my motto now is that i don't conform to the norm. i have come to realize that i can create my way. a different way. i tend to enjoy 3-4 projects at once but each one need not be a traditional LO. i love to alter, to make little things - things i can see the end of the road on - mini albums. etc...

so here is one of my latest and tiniest... a 1" spool album. easy to do - leftovers of a spool, hair elastic (laying all over my house from when i come home from running), a coin (glued to the base of the spool), some ribbon (Maya Road new stuff *wink*), a strip of scrap paper, contact photos and nimble fingers...

all this in 10 mins and you are done. yet it is so fulfilling to me - more so than a 12" x 12" LO. something i can look at as i work and know that i created it. that is what is important.

i salute and am awed by all of those that can make those awesome large LOs and i am relieved to finally be able to ACCEPT that i create my way and have my own sense of style.

4 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

what a cool idea!

 
At 7/21/2005 01:25:00 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I love this, and even BOSd it on Two Peas. Your booth was great! I kept passing by it and oogling the ribbons because we were just down the row from you. I adore all the new ribbons!

 
At 7/22/2005 03:39:00 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Holy AMAZING!!!!!! This is fab!

carol :) (aka giraffemom)

 
At 7/27/2005 10:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE this, Caroline - what a completely cool concept... rock on

 

Post a Comment

<< Home